- Ray Toal, Rachel Rivera, Alex Schneider, and Eileen Choe, Programming Language Explorations, CRC Press, 2017.
- Loren Abrams and Ray Toal. An Annotation Language Framework for Statically-Typed Syntax Trees. Proceedings of the 13th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, Cambridge, pages 1-6, ACTA Press, 2009.
- Ray Toal and Derek Smith. Convention-Based Syntactic Descriptions. Proceedings CSIE 2009, pages 797-801, IEEE Computer Society, March, 2009.
- John David N. Dionisio, Caskey L. Dickson, Stephanie E. August, Philip M. Dorin, and Ray Toal. An open source software culture in the undergraduate computer science curriculum. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin39(2):70-74, June 2007.
- Raymond J. Toal and Caskey L. Dickson, Language Issues in Generating Simulations from Specifications, In M. H. Hamza, editor. Proceedings of the 4th IASTED International Conference on Modelling, Simulation and Optimization, Po`ipū, pages 281-286, ACTA Press, 2004.
- Masahji C. Stewart and Ray Toal, Object Structure Navigation, In M. H. Hamza, editor. Proceedings of the 6th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, Cambridge, pages 137-142, ACTA Press, 2002.
- Robert G. Hayes, Gary B. Hughes, Philip M. Dorin and Raymond J. Toal, Numeric Issues in Test Software Correctness, Proceedings AUTOTESTCON 2002, Huntsville, pages 662-677, IEEE Computer Society, 2002.
- Raymond J. Toal and Robert G. Hayes, ATS Software Design Patterns, Proceedings IEEE Systems Readiness Technology Conference, Valley Forge, pages 649-657, IEEE Computer Society, 2001.
- Robert G. Hayes and Raymond J. Toal, Distributed And Concurrent Test Environments On Popular COTS Platforms, Proceedings AUTOTESTCON 2000, Anaheim, pages 544-553, IEEE Computer Society, 2000.
- Robert Hayes and Ray Toal. Difficulties with Multithreaded Programming in Popular Distributed and Object-Oriented Frameworks, Proc. 1st Annual Software Technology Conference, Raytheon, Inc., El Segundo, CA, September 1999.
- Raymond J, Toal. Using Ada and C++ in Early Computer Science Education. ACM Ada Letters, 16(1): 58-69, 1996.
- Jodene M. Sasine and Raymond J. Toal. Implementing the Model-View-Controller Paradigm in Ada 95. In Charles B. Engle, editor, TRI-Ada '95 Conference Proceedings, Anaheim, pages 202-211. ACM Press, 1995.
- Raymond J. Toal. Toward Automated Compiler Verification. Ph.D. Thesis, UCLA Computer Science Department, 1993.
- David F. Martin and Raymond J. Toal. Case studies in compiler correctness using HOL. In Proceedings of the 1991 International Workshop on the HOL Theorem Proving System and its Applications, Davis, pages 242-252. IEEE Computer Society Press, 1992.
- Raymond J. Toal and Philip M. Dorin. Software engineering and the game of Monopoly. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin22(4):2-10. December, 1990.
- R. Toal, C. W. Lee, B. W. Oppenheim, L. Rice and O. S. Es-Said. A model to predict the kinetics of transformation in 3000 series Al alloys (II). In M. H. Hamza, editor, Proceedings of the IASTED International Symposium on Identification, Modelling and Simulation, Paris, pages 479-486. ACTA Press, 1987.
- Tony Hoare’s CSP: The old school version (Papers We Love LA, May, 2016)
- Are Modern Programming Languages Easier to Learn? (Los Angeles Computer Society, August 2014)
- Computer Science Capstone Courses (ACM ICPC Coach's Symposium, November 2013)
- Online Higher Education (Rotary, January, 2013)
- Lectures and Online Codepads (ACM ICPC Coach's Symposium, November 2012)
- Java Best Practices (CityGrid, August, 2012)
- unittest in five minutes (PyLadies, October, 2011)
- A Tour of the Ruby Programming Language (LA ACM, December, 2009)
- A Pedagogy Adapted from the Open Source Culture (ACM SIGCSE 2008 NSF Showcase).
- Teaching Toward Expertise (Slides, Notes) (LMU, September, 2006)
- Ajax Programming (LA ACM, June 2006)
- Economics of Open Source Software (Rotary, February 2006)
- Web Styling (LA ACM, October 2004)
- Internationalized Software (LA ACM, March 2004)
- Developing Complex User Interface Applications in Java (LA ACM / IEEE Computer, May 2002)
- Java Collections Framework (LA ACM, April 1999)
- The C++ Standard Library (LA SIGPLAN, May 1998)
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming (NCR Corp, 1998)
- Advanced Java (LA ACM PDS, Winter and Spring 1998)
- Introduction to Java (LA ACM PDS, Summer 1997)
- Computer Graphics in Java (LA ACM, April 1997)
- An Overview of VRML (LA SIGPLAN, January 1996)
- Ada and C++ in Education (ACM Tri-Ada Educator's Workshop, 1994)
- Ada and C++ (LA SIGAda/TACPLAN, 1994)
- Object Oriented Programming (KWHY-TV, 1992)
Archives and Special Collections Instruction Request Form
Archives and Special Collections Duplication Request Form
ATLA Religion Database Application Form for LMU Alumni
LMU Alumni may use this form to request free access to the ATLA Religion Database with ATLA Serials.
Digital Commons: Graduate Thesis & Dissertation Submission Packet
Digital Commons: Honors Thesis Submission Form
Digital Commons: Student Work Permission Form
Event Space Request Form
LMU faculty and staff may use this form to reserve space for an event in the library, whether or not the library will be a partner on the event.
Exhibit Application Form
Filming and Photography Permission Form
Incident Report Form
Interlibrary Book and Article Request Form (ILLiad)
Request books or articles not available in the LMU Library or LINK+.
K-12 Tour Request Form
Library Classroom Reservation Form
Library Instruction Request Form
Faculty may request that a librarian provides instruction on using library materials or services.
Questions, Comments, and Complaints Form
Remote Patron Registration Form
For authorized patrons to register remotely for library privileges. Contact Circulation for authorization.
Replacement Charge Appeal Form - Books and Media
Report a Tech Problem
Request a Media Item Purchase
Patrons may use this form to order DVDs, CDs, and other media items.
Request Purchase of Books
LMU faculty may use this form to order books for the library. Students and others may make a suggestion for the library to purchase materials using this form.
Request SCATLA Borrower's Card
Graduate students in LMU’s Theological Studies program may request privileges at other participating theological schools in Southern California by submitting this form.
Research Assistant Borrowing Form
Use this form to allow a Research Assistant to borrow materials for a faculty member or department.
Research Consultation Request Form
Request an appointment for an individual or group research consultation with an LMU librarian.
Reserve Services Form
Use this e-form to place items on Reserve.
Reserving Media in Advance Request
Need media items at a specific time? Book the materials using this form.
Use this form to expedite processing of items in LINUS marked "IN PROCESS." Items will be processed and available within 2 working days.
Digital Commons: Graduate Thesis & Dissertation Submission Packet