Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Database Administrator Cover Letter
Database Administrators plan, develop and maintain their organizations’ databases. Essential duties of a Database Administrator include drawing up conceptual database designs, maintaining data standards, modifying databases to meet user and storage requirements, monitoring and ensuring data security, organizing data and continually optimizing user accessibility.
Our extensive collection of cover letters for Database Administrators generally mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, operational research, information technology or a related field
- Certification in any specific areas of expertise
- Familiarity with fundamental data manipulation languages
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of database design
- Comprehensive and up-to-date technical knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ongoing interest in new and cutting edge technologies
The cover letter below showcases similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Database Administrator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Ryder,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Database Administrator. With a bachelor’s degree in computer science, several voluntary certifications and more than 3 years of experience designing and maintaining complex databases, I am confident that I would make a beneficial addition to the Lotus Tech team.
Over the course of my career thus far, I have designed databases to fit a variety of needs, successfully ensured the security of those databases, problem-solved in order to meet both back-end and front-end needs, installed and tested new versions database management systems, customized and installed applications and meticulously monitored performance for the smoothest front-end experience possible. During my 3 years working with databases, I have learned that open communication and tireless problem solving is just as important as extensive technical knowledge.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Virginia Tech
- Received certification as an IBM Certified Database Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate
- Progressed through consecutive positions as a Junior Database Analyst and Junior Database Administrator
- Participated in and oversaw the creation, implementation and maintenance of several databases
- Increased team efficiency by introduced agile methodologies to the workflow, which were later adopted company-wide
I appreciate the opportunity to bring my passion for IT and ability to problem-solve to Lotus Tech.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.