Generator Mechanic Resume
The role of a generator mechanic is to inspect, repair, assess, diagnose and maintain parts of generators. Their duties also include repairing and installing automatic as well as manual switchgear, maintaining generators in terms of refueling, cleaning and changing the filter and changing oil. A generator mechanic works under the supervision of regional manager.
Applying for a job
Using the right keywords at right places along with following an industry specific format for drafting your profile document is important. The generator mechanic resume sample provided below will enlighten you about the correct manner for drafting a profile document. It will educate you about how and where to use various elements such as your educational qualifications, professional experience and skills. You can customize this sample based on job requirements.
Generator Mechanic Resume Example
698, South 76 Street
Boston, MA, 01234
Seek to work as a generator mechanic for a reputed organization on basis of extensive knowledge about maintaining, operating and troubleshooting issues related to generators.
- Familiar with current methods and techniques of repairing and maintaining generators
- Comprehensive knowledge of repairing and troubleshooting generator equipment
- Skilled in setting up or breaking down of generators
- Possess strong computer knowledge and sound customer service skills
- Well experienced with diesel generators, diesel engines and electrical systems
Organization: The Mertz Corporation, Boston
Duration: September 2014 till date
Designation: Generator Mechanic
- Performing scheduled routine maintenance such as observing refueling of generators as well as changing oil and filters
- Responsible for providing lists of alternators, spare parts for diesel engines, control panels and required tools and equipment
- Perform emergency repairs of generators
- Handle responsibilities of monitoring tools, equipment and spare parts inventory
- Responsible for ensuring use of spare parts in most effective and productive manner
- Performing any other related duties as assigned from time to time
Organization: Ninxx Global Solutions, Inc, Boston
Duration: July 2010 to August 2014
Designation: Generator Mechanic Assistant
- Assist mechanic in repairing and maintaining generators
- Handle tasks of modifying, rebuilding and designing various tools and equipment
- Responsible for determining new experiment under the supervision and instructions of senior technicians
- Handle responsibilities of maintaining logs, records and various files related to technical information
- Responsible for maintaining preventive measures on the diesel power generators as well as associated components like cooling, lubrication and fuel systems
- Responsible for changing damaged electrical motors
- Perform tasks of inspecting and installing racking for storage
- High School Diploma, Jack High School, Boston
837 Thompson Drive
Richmond, CA 94801
Career Objective Position within the company in order to increase the positive track record of the company as a Generator Mechanic.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with repairing and maintaining of power generators
- Expertise in diagnosing power generation equipment
- Wide knowledge of diesel and gaseous engines and fuel systems operation and repair
- Operational knowledge of generators and electrical equipments
- Profound knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, thermal and electrical equipments
- Ability to interpret testing equipment and blueprints and use it accordingly
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components
- Ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds
Generator Mechanic, August 2005 – Present
CSC, Richmond, CA
- Studied and interpreted schematics, engineering drawings and diagrams related to the equipment.
- Repaired and overhauled diesel power generators such as piston, cylinder head replacement, connecting rod, combustion cylinders liner replacement and bearing replacement.
- Maintained equipment and developed new fixtures and tools for tasks.
Generator Mechanic, May 2000 – July 2005
The Hertz Corporation, Richmond, CA
- Modified, debugged, rebuilt and designed various equipments and tools with the help of instructions, drawings and parts.
- Determined new experiments under senior technicians to complete new and unique tasks.
- Maintained records, logs and various files for technical information.
- Maintained preventive measures on the diesel power generators and associated component such as lubrication, cooling and fuel systems.
- Repaired diesel power generators of conditions such as no start conditions and shut down.
High School Diploma, Jacksonville High School, Jacksonville, IL